giovedì, aprile 13, 2006

A Bird in Hand...



~ A Bird In Hand is Better
than Two in the Bush ~

I've been feeling a bit down lately, so I decided to create some cheery art. I've been inspired by the many vintage calling cards in The ZNE Store, and decided to create my own modern take, in the form of ATCs. I made six last night while watching one of my favorite TV shows (I sheepishly admit!) Top Chef.





They are listed today, along with several other pieces. The earring ATCs that I listed, I made while at my best friend's house over the weekend. I am feeling SO APPRECIATIVE of her and her wonderful family. Some of what has me down right now is the fact that a few of my fabulous wonderful most favorite friends have had a falling out of sorts, and it has made me grieve over the frailty of friendships. I think that rather than write too much, I'll just post my calling card ATC's, and some favorite quotes. Sigh.









Humanity is never so beautiful as when praying for forgiveness, or else forgiving another.

- Jean Paul Richter






Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep'.
- Scott Adams









Grace isn't a little prayer you chant before receiving a meal. It's a way to live.

-Jackie Windspear







"A friend loves at all times."

- The Bible: Proverbs 17, 17.







And finally, if you are wondering - why count your blessings? Why forgive? Why live in grace? Why hold tight to friends through times of sorrow, misunderstanding, and grief? Or even just, why give in to that impulse to work through and with your grief by creating?

Why do it? I think Ani Difranco sums up my philosophy, perfectly:

I do it for the joy it brings, cause I'm a joyful girl.

'Cause the world owes us nothing, we owe eachother the world.

- Ani Difranco


And so, I leave you with the wish that you may find grace in every minute, in every corner, in every life, today.

xo - Chel

2 Comments:

Blogger Izabella said...

Oh Chel, I am right there with you! your heart is so beautiful,

such a special post to the "3" that I adore so much, my heart grieves with you ~

thank you for sharing this!

xo Bella

1:35 PM  
Blogger Chel said...

Thanks Dearest Izabella. I know that I am in good company here, and too... that miracles happen. Here's hoping for one!

4:58 PM  

Posta un commento

<< Home