giovedì, marzo 23, 2006

March Madness!


For one human being to love another that is perhaps the most difficult of our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof; the work for which all other work is but preparation.
~ Rainer Maria Rilke

Today is my wedding aniversary! My DH has been an absolute doll this week. He suprised me with a "weekend away" - woo-hoo! We are going to stay at a luxury hotel tomorrow night, and on Saturday we are going to spend the day at a British Motorcycle Show. (Well, he gets to do something fun too, afterall!) Here's the show we are going to:

http://www.bsaocnc.org/images/2006%20Clubmans%20Flyer.gif

How cool is that? I had to put that Rilke quote up there though, because I think it is just SO true. And something to be remembered. Nothing about marriage, or loving someone else unconditionally comes easy. I am very blessed to have the support of so many friends and family, and my wonderful online friends - who are there for me and listen, or provide encouraging words - when the going gets tough. Of course - at the core of it all, is my wonderful husband, and our incredible children. A family. No matter how challenging, irritating, annoying, or stressful a marriage can be, I always come back to the same conviction, and it carries me through an awful lot. Family. Who could ask for anything more?

The altered journal I posted up there is up for bid on eBay right now. The collage piece in the middle is a print created from an ATC by the incredible Becky Christian. Speaking of friends I am blessed to have! Becky is a stunning artist and her whimsical and colorful creations are absolutely fabulous - but she is also someone I consider a dear friend. She always has sweet and encouraging words. She is utterly human and a complete angel at the same time. Love you Becky!

I embellished the journal, so in a way - it is a collaborative piece. Actually, I had so much fun working with Becky's collage images - I created 11 (!) of these journals and 6 greeting cards, all in one night. I just couldn't stop! Some are listed and some will be listed in the near future. Stay tuned to The ZNE Store listings for more!

Richard and I were married in Kailua Kona, on The Big Island. So today, I leave you with this:


He kehau ho`oma`ema`e ke aloha.


(Love is like a cleansing dew.)

May you all wrap yourself in a blanket of love today, and feel it's beauty and cleansing power.
xoxo - Chel