lunedì, marzo 06, 2006

How Do YOU Do It?



Ha! I created that piece of art months ago. That's just a detail of the larger piece. That girl is PASSED out, I tell ya! She is dying of exhaustion! She'll lay her head anywhere - and a copper acrylic painted piece of canvas panel was the perfect resting place for Terri the Nearsighted Fairy!

I certainly have days like that. ("Mama said...") My wonderful artist friend *Chrysti* sent me an email a few days ago, and among other things, she asked me this question: "how do ya do it?" - and she was referring to - you know - the whole shebang. Art making, The ZNE Store listing, ZNE Zine production, ZNE Group moderation, etc. etc. Funny, she should ask me this question! I often think the exact same thing about my wonderful art friends. Why Chrysti herself keeps up a fabulous store full of altered art goodies ~ Covet Me ~ (what a great name!), she is in the process of creating a fabulous website ~ The Altered Abbey ~ and her art is incredible. Here is one of hers that I have in my personal collection. I LOVE THIS PIECE!


And then there is Lani Kent, eBay's healingexpressions- who says: "I made a few new pieces today." And then she has like 10, 20, 30 pieces to share! And they are ALL gorgeous! All of us in ZNE have been chiding her about this. How DOES she do it? I mean, every single day, she has bunches and bunches of incredible new stuff. Me? Most days, I am lucky if I can rubber stamp a decoration onto an envelope of goodies being sent out from The ZNE Store!


But, then again, I do have a lot on my plate, and I do manage to get a lot done. So, how do I do it? Well, a lot of the time I don't do it. Whatever "it" is. I don't hug my kids as often as I could, and should. I don't spend as much time on my art as I want to. I don't spend as much time chatting online or getting to know our incredible (at last count) 450-ish ZNE members. Lord knows I don't keep my studio clean, and the dog will tell you his one or two milkbones a day certainly aren't enough! I can not possibly reply to all my emails, and I can't follow up on all my supercalifragilistic ideas.

BUT... I am pursuing a dream. And THAT is all that really counts - yes? I am creating some art. I do have a group of... 450-ish incredible amazing talented artists in this group~miracle~thing in my life called ZNE. I have made some fabulous friends along the way, and I do feel BLESSED.

What I DO "do," is I try to remember, every day, how blessed I am. I try my best, when I do reply to emails, to stop for a moment and give my reply some thought. When I am checking member listings for a new round of ZNE Needle in a Haystack - I try to stop and appreciate all of the incredible art and art supplies being offered up by our members. When people send me notes or emails, or call me on the phone to say Hi, or Hello, or "I noticed something..." I try to take a minute, and take IN what they are saying. And these are the things that in the end, give me inspiration, keep me going, and truly are the reasons that anything at all - in this hectic place I call ZNE Central - gets done! Perhaps William Blake said it best:

"To see a world in a grain of sand And Heaven in a Wild Flower, Is to hold Infinity in the palm of your hand and Eternity in an hour."

Time IS, after all, what we make of it.

SO, that tells you a little bit about how I do what I do. What about why? Aside from all the incredible art and all the wonderful artists and friends that I get to oogle, oggle, and play with every day ~ my dedication to ZNE also revolves around my love for my family!

RJ and Abs!
Would these two faces not inspire you to pursue joy? What better example could I provide?

And then there is my beloved. He doesn't normally wear that bandana on his head, but we were about to go off on a motorcycle ride, and that is his "helmut hair" preventative. Ha!

My husband is cranky and snarky and a big grump - but, truth be told, I've always had a thing for grumpy men.

Turns out he must have have thing for artsy opinionated emotional silly women who suffer (or rejoice in) packratism.

Voila. We are perfect for eachother!

So, I am off then, to hug my kids, kiss my DH, and give the dog a milkbone. I try to focus on what's important in life, and I am eternally grateful for all my friends and loved ones, artists and not, who remind me of what those important things are.

xxoo - Chel

2 Comments:

Blogger Turquoise CRO said...

Terri's a hillbilly now girly!!! LOL Take a motorcycle ride for me would ya??? YYYYYYYeeeeeeeee-Hawwwwwwwwwwwww!!!LOL Sweet Dreams! to all of you out there in Calley-fornia!!!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Chel said...

Tee Hee!

Terri was DELIGHTED that she was going to live with you. I told her all about you my dear friend Cinda, and she just knew that your place was gonna be her home sweet home!

xoxo to you, out there in West Viginney!

10:25 PM  

Posta un commento

<< Home